Saturday, February 27, 2016

Picked up this Ghia

Look what I drug home. Not recently. As a matter of fact it has been 7 years to date. I found this VW just after moving to Washington state and parked it in the driveway of the house two days before closing on it. It had some problems, but I was just going to use it as a project car. I planned to build an all electric car. In those days there were no Tesla Motors making road cars and I thought it would be great to dump $8,000 in a car that I could drive 45 miles at a time. Only problem is that the damn thing started after I put a battery in it.

She's a little rough. A lot rough but I can work with that. I don't know if it will ever be on the road but I'm going to spend a little garage time massaging the details.

 Some places were a lot rough and I've never done anything this extensive before. It could be a big job, but I've got a big garage.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment