Monday, May 9, 2016

Mocking up the Prototype


That sounds all fancy, but I'm just trying to fit everything into a box.

I got a Selphy CP-1200 for the instant printouts. It was easy enough to install in Rasbain through the installer. I set it as default and it printed correctly the first time. The feed tray is obnoxious and I hate the way it pokes out the front of my box but I'll make it better in the production model. 
The whole design has changed since i started. I have a printer now and I wasn't going to use one at all. You may ask how I can have a photo booth with no printer, and I can certainly understand the question. But photo paper is expensive and it is easy to instantly email the photos to the people taking the photos. 
I was able to make a cable mounted push button out of a switch, iPhone charging cable, an air fitting, and some heat shrink tubing. Again, it wasn't exactly the look I wasted but it's functional. You can also see my 50mm pancake lens that in going to mount as a prop. I had originall intended to use my Nikon D3200 for the camera but it doesn't make sense when I can use a $30 camera to get really good photos and not have the liability of having my backup camera haning out with a bunch of drunks taking selfies. 
So, I'm waiting now. I ordered a few led's and a 7 in' touchscreen display for the front. Once I get that I'll be another $100 bucks in but it'll all be there. A little more coding to work the bugs out and I'll wrap it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment